Collection and Use of Information
When you register with ServiceTrade and create a user account, location records, job records, contracts, and other records associated with delivering repair and maintenance services, we store the information you provide about you, your facilities, customer locations, your technicians, and your service capabilities.
We also may collect and store the following information:
- Facility information such as phone numbers, address, equipment descriptions, manager names, manager email, store email, service access preferences, payment preferences.
- Service vendor information such as insurance coverage, W9 information, office locations, technician dispatch locations, number of technicians, parts pricing, labor rates, financial information for facilitating payment.
- Service requirements such as scope of work, due date, price parameters, payment parameters.
- Transaction information based upon your usage the appilcation, such as service delivery status, payment status, customer satisfaction feedback.
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us.
- Other information from your interaction with the ServiceTrade application including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or management authority for a facility you list or service you request).
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
We use the information collected for purposes such as:
- Provide the application services and information you request;
- Provide communications, including informational and promotional materials, and service status updates;
- Verify information provided to us;
- Consider and address feedback you may provide to us and resolve disputes;
- Perform our placement, management, or other services agreements with our clients, including billing and enforcing payment arrangements;
- Administer, improve, or customize our business and our services, the applications and other processes we use to deliver those services, and the promotional materials we develop to describe those services;
- Perform certain research and analyses;
- Protect the integrity of or to improve our websites, information systems, and security, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate problematic, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce terms of our agreements with you, including the User Agreement;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; and
- Engage in certain administrative purposes, such as risk management, to fulfill legal obligations or address compliance needs, and to resolve or defend legal claims.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information with other parties, such as our subsidiaries and affiliates, your customers and business partners, and business partners, such as our clients. We also may share information with our service providers, who are only authorized to use information to perform services on our behalf or for limited administrative purposes, such as complying with legal requirements. We will provide your information to other third parties if you explicitly ask us to do so, or in other cases where you are explicitly notified of and consent to the disclosures.
We also may share personal information in compelling circumstances, such as when reasonably requested or required by law enforcement authorities or other government officials, when required by law or in response to legal process, or when reasonably necessary to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also may share information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical harm, prevent financial loss, or protect the vital interests of an individual.
We also reserve the right to share personal information we have collected in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
Information You Share using the ServiceTrade Application
Your Service Vendor Profile information may be visible to other users of ServiceTrade along with your service delivery history and customer satisfaction feedback. If you access the ServiceTrade application from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet cafÃ©, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from ServiceTrade, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze interest in and traffic on the ServiceTrade application, customize our services, content and informational material, measure the effectiveness of our features and any advertising, and to enforce our agreements with users. Usually, you can opt out of cookies through browser settings, but please be advised that we offer certain features that will not be available to you if our cookies are disabled.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the ServiceTrade application. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, or share information with another ServiceTrade application user, you may not be able to change, retrieve, or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Absolute security can never be guaranteed, but we take our obligation to preserve your privacy seriously and employ security measures intended to fully meet that obligation.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: ServiceTrade, Inc., Attn: Legal - Global Privacy Practices, 4601 Creekstone Drive, Durham, North Carolina, 27703.